Sunday 10 April 2011

and another thing...

I realised after I thought I was finished that I should probably provide some context for the blogs that I had annotoated as being "Blogs of interest".
So here they are again (in no paticular order), along with a semi-readable description.
Charlottes Participation in Occupation Blog.
Charlotte is one of my classmates here at Otago. She is also my friend. This is her Blog. Enjoy.

Alice's Adventures in Bloggerland.
Alice is another of my classmates. she's put alot more time and effort into her blog than I have, so it will probably be a bit more stimulating than mine. She too is my friend. (that's TWO friends) Enjoy this too.

Tales of a Recovered Disordered Eater.
 This is the blog of a woman who blogs about how she has overcome disordered eating. this provides a real insight into the thinking and thought patterns of people with disordered eating. I think sites like this are really good for OT students: to help us comprehend what exactly our patients/clients are going  through and how it controls their lives.

Everyone Needs Therapy
A blog about Social Work. Having worked in an MDT setting in Fieldwork 1 (worked?? who am I kidding??) I know that's it's important to understand other health professionals roles in the setting you are in for a few reasons: referrals go to the right place, can work better as a team, stops you from stepping on other people's toes and that's just for starters.
to be honest the above explanation is kind of a cop out. This blog isn't specifically about a Social worker's daily work, it's kind of just a  it just gave me some ideas for intervention plans etc. and made me laugh a bit. maybe don't click on this blog for educational purposes. only recreational.

ABC: Reflections on a Lifework of Occupational Therapy.
So I didn't exactly find this blog amazingly interesting when I first looked at it, but going a little further down the page I did find some things that would be really relevant to stuff that I was doing like : Thoughts about use of seat cushions to promote attending behaviors in children. sounds boring doesn't it but it was discussing research that concluded that this intervention, apparently commonly used for autistic children ( I wouldn't know) has no real effect. basically this site goes through and critiques various things that come to the authors attention. useful for educational activities/ study etc.

Mike Reinhold: Physical therapy.
this is the area I am interested in working in if I make it through the rest of second and then third year. It also contains interesting notes. that's why it's a link.

And finally we come to the end of  the blog. I have no more postings to make (that I know of).
I am unsure exactly how to prove that I've commented on someone elses blog (such as the assessment outline tells us to) but heres a link, just so you can see.
Unfortunately the rap Charlotte and Grace volunteered to do never came to fruition(this is not crazy, it is in context:look at the above link).
goodbye (hopefully forever)I hope you have enjoyed my blog (to some degree) .
Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment